The Fight Club Federation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Top 10 Most Overrated Finishers

+9
MisterDee
The Breaker
Zombie Joe
Saurav
Rob Bailey
zolea
The Under-Rated Game
Mitch Shredder
King Edge
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Top 10 Most Overrated Finishers - Page 2 Empty Re: The Top 10 Most Overrated Finishers

Post by Zombie Joe Wed May 07, 2008 7:20 pm

MisterDee wrote:
zolea wrote:the original mandible claw was not over rated. The original move had mankind's fingers covered in leather and he would press down on the pressure point underneath the tongue, and considering he was applying a great deal of pressure on the lower jaw it made it incredibly hard to bit his fingers. The socco thing came later on after the dude love fad.

Sorry my friend, but, that move is just only for entertainment!! believe me, that move dont affect u!! there is another ways to affect the mouth with the fingers...but not pressure down with the hand close!!!

Come on guys, we are talking here about wrestling not mma, itīs about entertainment and nothing else, yes, some moves hurt more than others and some are more dangerous, but in the end they try to avoid injuries (more or less), I had a lot fights in my life and took some bumbs (no backyard shit) played ice- and streethockey and this could be very brutal too Very Happy

And a FU has another affect on the concrete than in a wrestling ring for sure, but remember kids wrestling is a show even if it's stiff

Mick Foley rocked anyway

Last edited by Zombie Joe on Wed May 07, 2008 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zombie Joe
Zombie Joe
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

The Top 10 Most Overrated Finishers - Page 2 Empty Re: The Top 10 Most Overrated Finishers

Post by MisterDee Wed May 07, 2008 7:21 pm

strange...i wrote somethigs for Doom question and do not appear =/
well, i will try to explain quickly!
Your head zone hair is very hard, that some chinese guys break things with that zone!! It wont hurt if is a small fall like tombstone!! the Undertaker when do that, he drop in his own knees, the opponents dont really touch with the head on the mat, and if they do, it wont hurt u because the head bones are to hard...one of the best bones that the human body have!!

the breaker, I think its great u to start doing jiu jitsu...but please, u need to practice brazilian jiu jitsu...not the tradicional jiu jitsu!!
There in BJJ I learned how to fall in short falls and high falls!! In when u are training is one thing, but when u are been kicking for 7 guys and when u dont have strenght to give just only a punch u cant fall good in a high fall!! and a high fall or short fall is different things! i cant talk about it so much because i never practiced judo and i dont know how to fall in high falls like judo, but if u really gonna for jiu jitsu u gonna see that is a different story, because u will go do more submissions than training falls like judo!!
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breaker Wed May 07, 2008 7:29 pm

MisterDee wrote:strange...i wrote somethigs for Doom question and do not appear =/
well, i will try to explain quickly!
Your head zone hair is very hard, that some chinese guys break things with that zone!! It wont hurt if is a small fall like tombstone!! the Undertaker when do that, he drop in his own knees, the opponents dont really touch with the head on the mat, and if they do, it wont hurt u because the head bones are to hard...one of the best bones that the human body have!!
Woa there, this is something I know, my mother is a medician and I have acess to some books. The bones may be hard, but onyl after TRAINING. don't go around trying to break anything with your head, unless you want to have some brain damage.

MisterDee wrote:the breaker, I think its great u to start doing jiu jitsu...but please, u need to practice brazilian jiu jitsu...not the tradicional jiu jitsu!!
There in BJJ I learned how to fall in short falls and high falls!! In when u are training is one thing, but when u are been kicking for 7 guys and when u dont have strenght to give just only a punch u cant fall good in a high fall!! and a high fall or short fall is different things! i cant talk about it so much because i never practiced judo and i dont know how to fall in high falls like judo, but if u really gonna for jiu jitsu u gonna see that is a different story, because u will go do more submissions than training falls like judo!!

I know about the sub thing, that's why I'm going to Jiu-Jitsu... I'm better on ground than high on my feets Wink

I live in Brazil, you really think there are lots of traditional Jiu-Jitsu dojos here? Razz
The Breaker
The Breaker
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wanktastic Wed May 07, 2008 7:32 pm

MisterDee wrote:

it doesnt matter shit how hard ur head is, tombstone is a move that applies ur whol bodyweight on ur neck, which WILL cause assloads of damage if its not done safely, like undertaker does it. you will just prove that you dont know anything if you say tombstone wouldnt hurt.
Mr. Wanktastic
Mr. Wanktastic
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDee Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 pm

The Breaker wrote:I know about the sub thing, that's why I'm going to Jiu-Jitsu... I'm better on ground than high on my feets Wink

I live in Brazil, you really think there are lots of traditional Jiu-Jitsu dojos here? Razz

ROFL, u maybe right :p maybe not to much dojos of tradicional!! its a great thing make sub on a guy...but when its u who are being submitted =/ damn...somethings can hurt as hell!!! Cya tomorrow!! Time to sleep
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombie Joe Wed May 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Letīs fight! TFC gets real! Who buys the tickets? lol!
Zombie Joe
Zombie Joe
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDee Wed May 07, 2008 7:41 pm

Doomraider wrote:it doesnt matter shit how hard ur head is, tombstone is a move that applies ur whol bodyweight on ur neck, which WILL cause assloads of damage if its not done safely, like undertaker does it. you will just prove that you dont know anything if you say tombstone wouldnt hurt.

ROFL MAN...u made me laught now!! 2 more years and I can teach MMA to people, I've been in 8 matches, dont say that I dont know anything about fighting techniques, because u are the one who dont know nothing about that!!
WWE = ENTERTAINMENT!!!! no1 there is fighting for real...to hurt the others!! That is all for people who believe that is true!! If u dont believe that tombstone is weak or fake go to youtube and search the undertaker tombstone!! and about the bodyweight on the neck?? what is the hard thing?? some guys do the headspin on the floor, without protection!!
I have more to do, that discuss this things with u!! If u think u are right, think that way! i dont care!! now u let me pissed of!
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breaker Wed May 07, 2008 7:52 pm

MisterDee wrote:
Doomraider wrote:it doesnt matter shit how hard ur head is, tombstone is a move that applies ur whol bodyweight on ur neck, which WILL cause assloads of damage if its not done safely, like undertaker does it. you will just prove that you dont know anything if you say tombstone wouldnt hurt.

ROFL MAN...u made me laught now!! 2 more years and I can teach MMA to people, I've been in 8 matches, dont say that I dont know anything about fighting techniques, because u are the one who dont know nothing about that!!
WWE = ENTERTAINMENT!!!! no1 there is fighting for real...to hurt the others!! That is all for people who believe that is true!! If u dont believe that tombstone is weak or fake go to youtube and search the undertaker tombstone!! and about the bodyweight on the neck?? what is the hard thing?? some guys do the headspin on the floor, without protection!!
I have more to do, that discuss this things with u!! If u think u are right, think that way! i dont care!! now u let me pissed of!

You know as much as me that a headspin is WAAAAYYY diferent than FALLING, or get DRIVEN TO the ground...
The Breaker
The Breaker
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wanktastic Wed May 07, 2008 7:55 pm

MisterDee wrote:

Dude.. u r talking about how FU will hurt when done REAL, on CONCRETE, this is the same case. im saying tombstone will hurt when the one doing it is not trying to protect the victim. yes i know people can stand on their heads and all, but tombstone isnt standing on ur head, the guy who does it, makes u crash on the floor head first, which causes massively more pressure and dmg on your neck than just standing or spinning on ur head. yes, when undertaker does the tombstone on the ring, it will not hurt the opponent, because he is protecting the opponent.

and i seriously dont believe one word about u being in 8 matches etc, those fighters train and train again instead of hanging on the computer all day. to me you are, and will always be, no matter what you say: a geek who has watched too much wrestling and is trying to impress other wrestling fans.
Mr. Wanktastic
Mr. Wanktastic
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDee Wed May 07, 2008 7:57 pm

i just gave the headspin example for the bodyweight problems!! not falling problems!!
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDee Wed May 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Doomraider wrote:
and i seriously dont believe one word about u being in 8 matches etc, those fighters train and train again instead of hanging on the computer all day. to me you are, and will always be, no matter what you say: a geek who has watched too much wrestling and is trying to impress other wrestling fans.

as i said, i dont care what about u think about me and what u believe!! In case as u dont know, in my country (and i think its not only in my country for sure), when u are in a certain lvl os skills, u participare in a distrital tournament (City tournament), if u get good results, then u pass for the naticional torunaments (country tournaments), and when u see the professional tournaments, are WORLD tournaments!! To be there, u need to win or impressive at least in naticional tournaments!! U have a lot of this things in youtube! I've been in two matches at naticional and 6 at distrital!! I dont like Wrestling, TV wrestling because its fake!! And i dont need to impress any1 that i dont know!! and u dont know me to judge me like that, saying what u said! I dont need to prove u nothing!!

wow i forgot, about the tombstone in the street, you have right, but I was talking about the tombstone of the undertaker, i never said a tombstone in the street!! dont mixed up the things, cause if we gonna check all moves in wrestling that hurts real bad in the streets, we gonna make here a big big big list!! Now i have to go! Hasta
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wanktastic Wed May 07, 2008 8:08 pm

MisterDee wrote:
as i said, i dont care what about u think about me and what u believe!! In case as u dont know, in my country (and i think its not only in my country for sure), when u are in a certain lvl os skills, u participare in a distrital tournament (City tournament), if u get good results, then u pass for the naticional torunaments (country tournaments), and when u see the professional tournaments, are WORLD tournaments!! To be there, u need to win or impressive at least in naticional tournaments!!

that just makes my point more valid, if you really were a real fighter, you should be training for those tournaments rather than hanging on your computer all the time.

MisterDee wrote:
And i dont need to impress any1 that i dont know!!

good, because you fail.
Mr. Wanktastic
Mr. Wanktastic
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by zolea Wed May 07, 2008 9:11 pm

I'm aware that it is just wrestling zj.
zolea
zolea
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Zombie Joe Wed May 07, 2008 9:36 pm

I donīt meant you Zolea, you were just a quote in a quote Wink
Zombie Joe
Zombie Joe
Star
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by zolea Wed May 07, 2008 10:08 pm

lol
zolea
zolea
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterDee Thu May 08, 2008 2:14 am

Doomraider wrote:that just makes my point more valid, if you really were a real fighter, you should be training for those tournaments rather than hanging on your computer all the time.

u really dont know what u are talking about!! The guys who trainig a lot all day for combats, are professional fighters, and i am not a professional fighter, they receive money for fighting, i dont, i trains 3 times per week, 1h30 per training, and I work in the day, they train all the day!! u really dont know what u are talking about! U can say whatever u want, u will never affect me!! But in my opinion, u are just a guy who think who knows everything, talking about those guys who train all the day and bla bla bla, but u dont know nothing about this!! I know that Rob Bailey pratctice TaeKnowDo, i dont know if he have already a match, but its possible, ask him if he train all the day and receive money for training!! I am the one who pay for being there!! Sometimes when we dont know nothing we should shut up...its your case!! U dont know nothing about me, and u are just a kid to judge people like that.
MisterDee
MisterDee
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by the man Thu May 08, 2008 5:59 am

what is all this against the canadian destroyer what wrong with it??? have you ever been droped on your head like that??? it hurts like hell
the man
the man
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob Bailey Thu May 08, 2008 6:23 am

i have once tried FU type of move when i was in the army.....
pretty easy move if ya ask me, just raise your opponent to your shoulders and slam him to the mat....that makes FU most overrated move in the history of WWF/WWE.....well, Hulk's Leg Drop comes second....

Clothesline from Hell? Man, if you people believe that move is most overrated...WRONG!!! i can honestly say that move looks painful and IT FEELS painful too.......how do i know? because my bodybuilder friend did a clothesline for me when we played football two yeras ago...he knocked me out from that impact.......that's just my opinion but i think Clothesline from Hell is not overrated move, in fact...it's one of the vicious moves ever

Tombstone....overrated? you're kidding right? i mean that's THE most powerful moves EVER!!

these are just my opinions, don't take them too personal...
Rob Bailey
Rob Bailey
Admin
Admin

http://irc-galleria.net/view.php?nick=Proyas&image_id=73718072

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Sharpe Thu May 08, 2008 6:45 am

Doom Effect. hands down the most over-rated finisher!! Wink

Just kidding of course.

I typically rate these moves on a couple different levels. Lets get real for a moment and realize that wrestling IS choreographed and no human on the planet could absorb the impact that these moves indicate.

I rate the "over-ratedness" of these moves based on;

1. Athleticism - that kills the Leg drop, peoples elbow, and yes, even the clothesline from hell. At least the Warriors press slam took ALOT of physical strength to perform.

2. POTENTIAL damage if it were a real move. Tombstone gets high marks here. Shawn Micheals leg lock thingy gets LOW. I just do not see how ANY joints are stressed in that move.

3. HOW COOL IT LOOKS - Bonzai drop is just stupid. fat man sitting on the guy. frog splash looks ridiculous. Jericho's code breaker looks pretty cool. tombstone looks cool. leg drop, elbow, FU, look a little stupid.

4. EXPLOSIVENESS- if someone has to basically be unconscious in order for the move to be performed, then why not just cover them in the first place. Seriously, how out of it do you have to be to be placed into a figure-4 leg lock????? Just pin the bastard and get the win. stone cold's stunner, RKO, Superkick (at least when he's not "tuning up the band") all fit that bill. I HATE when a guy has time to get to the top rope. it requres them to be athletic, but still toooooo much time.
Razor Sharpe
Razor Sharpe
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breaker Thu May 08, 2008 6:49 am

the man wrote:what is all this against the canadian destroyer what wrong with it??? have you ever been droped on your head like that??? it hurts like hell

What's wrong? 1š it's IMPOSSIBLE to lift a opponent that is the same weight as you, that way. 2š from that position you can easily revert into a modified Kudome Valentine and KILL you opponent.

A move that can make your opponent kill you and is impossible to be made... no, thanks...

@Razor: With proper training, you can lock the figure four pretty fast...
The Breaker
The Breaker
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Razor Sharpe Thu May 08, 2008 7:23 am

still, there are sooooo many other things you could to in half the time.
Razor Sharpe
Razor Sharpe
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by the man Thu May 08, 2008 7:25 am

a what breaker???

I have had this type of thing done to me and it hurts
the man
the man
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Breaker Thu May 08, 2008 7:28 am

the man wrote:a what breaker???

I have had this type of thing done to me and it hurts

Kudome Valentine = Vertabreaker...

Believe me, if you were fighting for real, you could've killed the SOB that was trying to do that... If you were fighting for real... Well, you're dumb, sorry...
The Breaker
The Breaker
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wanktastic Thu May 08, 2008 7:55 am

Razor Sharpe wrote:Doom Effect. hands down the most over-rated finisher!! Wink

agreed.
Mr. Wanktastic
Mr. Wanktastic
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr. Wanktastic Thu May 08, 2008 7:57 am

MisterDee wrote:
The guys who trainig a lot all day for combats, are professional fighters, and i am not a professional fighter, they receive money for fighting, i dont, i trains 3 times per week, 1h30 per training, and I work in the day, they train all the day!!

are u seriously admitting that you are STUPID enough to get ur ass kicked for free?
Mr. Wanktastic
Mr. Wanktastic
Superstar
Superstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next